What SEO is to Google is similar to what Social Media Optimization (SMO) is to social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc. SMO involves the use of organic strategies to increase brand awareness, i.e. to enable new or existing users to know about products and services.
The main motive of social media optimization is to attract unique visitors to your website content via social media channels. Some key social media marketing strategies to build your business are as follows:
1. Know your target audience: The target audience can be categorized by conducting market research, which requires analysis of existing competitors, analysing products and services, and choosing demographics and psychographics.
2. Set goals: The ultimate destination for every business is to get as many conversions as possible. Being specific to what goals are to be achieved helps a business get quick results.
3. Create content that the audience would love: Based on niche and competitor analysis, one can determine the type of content the audience would love in their social media space.
4. Sharing content proactively: On average, 3 to 4 posts must be shared daily to keep the existing users engaged and attract unique visitors to the page. Syndicating content to other social media partners such as Slideshare or Scribd is another way of building an audience.
DigiElites’ social media experts employ organic strategies to build page engagement for your business on various social media outlets mentioned above. Key optimization measures taken by our social media experts are as follows:
1. Creating engaging social content: Our team will first prepare a Social Content Calendar which will enable you to know about day-to-day posts that are being published. We will grow your social audience through hashtag campaigns, sharing/retweeting relevant news, liking posts, and staying updated within the industry.
2. Posting updates related to company: This allows your target audience to stay updated with the ongoing or upcoming developments occurring within the organization.
3. Promotions and social campaigns: We will be running social media campaigns such as contests, offers, and promotions to keep the users engaged. Such campaigns can last as short as a day or can last even up to a few months.
4. Sustained monitoring: We will continue to monitor your social media channel and respond to questions, comments, and posts.
5. Analytics: We will be sharing the report for follower growth, reach, demographics, comments, likes, shares, retweets, etc